Austin Student Ambassador
Marketing & Operations • ASAP • Nationwide, US
We are ramping up our 2018-19 LoftSmart Student Rep program to take the UT housing market by storm! Our Reps are a group of incredibly smart, dedicated and motivated college students who are passionate about helping their peers find the best student housing possible.
As a LoftSmart Student Rep, you will join a team of like-minded students from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. You are the face of LoftSmart to the student body, and a pillar of trust and knowledge in your community. Our Reps should be interested in the startup world, able to navigate ambiguity, have a sales-mentality and be ready to meet tons of folks who need help navigating the complex world of student housing.
Student Reps work directly with City Managers on the following initiatives:
- Community engagement: Reps make up our on-the-ground task force and engage with potential renters at tabling events, tailgates, bar nights and more.
- Student organizations: Reps help run Student Orgs, partner with existing ones and are always networking to find out where LoftSmart can have the most impact.
- Education: Reps help educate fellow students on everything student housing, from what pre-leasing is, to important deadlines - all the way to helping Renters choose the perfect spot for next year.]
- Weekly commitment of 5-10 hours around or near the UT campus.
- Bi-weekly (every other week) team meetings in our sleek startup hub.
- Communicating ideas, challenges and blockers to your City Manager as needed.
- Custom swag.
- Experience with customer relations, CRM, real estate tech and more.
- Money - get paid for the work you do with our incentive based compensation structure.
- Letters of recommendation and resume experience.
- Potential to become a Senior Rep next semester, and work closely on learning the ins-and-outs of our sales funnel.
- Pizza. So much pizza!
Our Student Reps are compensated directly in accordance to their weekly performance - one signup = one payout. We have a tiered model that rewards top performers, and a weekly competition among all campuses that gives extra payouts to our top five reps that week. Average hourly payouts at UT are between $30 and $35/hour.
Please apply with your resume, if you have one, as well as a short paragraph explaining why you would like to join the team.