Marketing & Operations • FULL-TIME • SALARIED & OPTION PACKAGE • BENEFITS • Nationwide, US
CITY MANAGER, LoftSmart
LoftSmart, the market-leading search and booking platform for student rentals nationally, recently raised $12.9 million in Series A investment led by Tiger Global Management. The round, which brings total funding to date for the New York-based startup to nearly $18 million, includes additional backing from new investors FJ Labs, Red Sea Ventures, and Avenir Growth Capital, as well as existing investors Tribeca Venture Partners, Corigin Ventures, and Jaffray Woodriff.
Since launching in 2015 as a local review and listing platform for rentals near the University of Virginia, LoftSmart has made its name more broadly as the first transactional marketplace for rental real estate — empowering eager renters not just to search, but also to apply, lease, and pay digitally — even as the Company has maintained its focus on the $155 billion student housing market and gained a toehold among 18- to 22-year-old renters.
Today, LoftSmart’s industry-leading platform offers nearly 300,000 units nationally for instant booking — spanning local homeowners to national, publicly-traded REITs — and enables millions of student renters to discover and lease those apartments and homes with transparency, ease, and simplicity.
The City Manager position at LoftSmart is a dynamic, mission-critical role that directly impacts the bottom line. As a City Manager, you are the Chief Executive of your market, working throughout the year to ensure and drive operational excellence in user acquisition, marketing, content curation, event management and more. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so City Managers must understand their markets deeply in order to engineer bespoke solutions to a variety of challenges. The City Manager position is one of the most challenging and rewarding at LoftSmart. A City Manager must be a natural leader who is driven, intelligent, talented, fun to work with, and passionate about our mission and our product.
- Growing our community through building grassroots marketing campaigns and managing lifecycle marketing analytics.
- Architect community marketing and outreach strategies to achieve optimal user acquisition and conversion.
- Day-to-day management of city teams to meet key KPIs.
- Keeping up with current trends, both social and local, to effectively reach our audience.
- Research and identify influencers and student communities that provide growth opportunities for LoftSmart.
- Work with Director of Growth and VP Marketing to ensure that marketing initiatives are properly planned and executed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Self-starter, you own your market end-to-end in the city you manage.
- Ear-to-the ground mentality; Someone who strives to know everyone and everything, in and about, his or her market; from liaising with new users to knowing what’s “hot.”
- Exceptional execution abilities; knowing how to plan and execute for every minute detail.
- Communication; ability to communicate to your teams, peers, and senior level management.
- Leadership; you are at the helm of the team driving the pack.
- Iterative mindset; adapting your strategy based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Experience growing and scaling a market for a high-growth consumer internet startup is preferred.
Above all, we believe the right people are coachable, learn quickly, and adapt to the demands of the position and the city. If you read this description and can hardly contain your excitement, then no matter the background, you’re probably right for us!